Friday, May 13, 2016

How to Deal with a Bad Hand

bad-hand-business-cartoon

Years ago I did a cartoon about a down-on-his-luck playing card sitting in an alley with a little sign that read “Please help. Lost in shuffle.” It sold immediately and one of my cartoonist friends remarked that he loved when I did anthropomorphic playing card cartoons. So every so often I try to think up new ways to have living breathing playing cards interact.
The thing is, they’re also a bear to draw. You have to get things just right (just enough detail, but not too much) for them to read well, and it takes forever. But when I come up with a gag like this that I really like, I make sure to make time.

This article, "How to Deal with a Bad Hand" was first published on Small Business Trends

No comments:

Post a Comment